Dr. Kurt Schagen
Dr. Kurt Schagen has been providing quality chiropractic care to Berkshire County for over 20 years. He is the recipient of a “5 Star Award” for quality service and has been voted “Best in the Berkshires” for “3” three years. He is actively involved in the area Chamber of Commerce supporting health and wellness in the community as well as many philanthropic causes. With the growing popularity of chiropractic care, it is important to have the utmost confidence in your doctor. Chiropractic patients in Dr. Schagen’s practice range in age from newborn to 90 plus years old. His area of expertise includes rehabilitation of the back and neck as well as the treatment of sports injuries, whiplash, scoliosis, pediatrics, therapeutic nutrition and muscular problems.
Dr. Schagen’s undergraduate education includes a bachelor’s degree in pre-med from Susquehanna University, where he graduated in 1983 Magna Cum Laude. In 1988 he received his doctorate degree in chiropractic from New York Chiropractic College graduating Cum Laude. Dr. Schagen has completed a 100-hour postgraduate course in spinal rehabilitation from Los Angeles Chiropractic College. He is certified by the National Safety Council in their “Back Power” Spinal Rehabilitation program. He also holds a certificate in the American Medical Association’s Impairment Rating Guidelines.
His post graduate crowning achievement was the completion of rigorous training to become a Certified Wellness Practitioner. This extensive instruction, addresses advanced aspects of wellness and optimal health in the context of the chiropractic paradigm. The C.C.W.P. certification credential is awarded by the International Chiropractic Association, ICA Council on Wellness Science.
Dr. Kurt Schagen’s additional post graduate education includes:
• Myofascial Pain Syndrome: Seminars with Dr. John Lowe & Dr. Michael Schneider, two of the countries foremost experts in Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Myofascial Therapy.
• Sports Injuries: “Soft Tissue Diagnosis and Treatment of the Extremities” seminar with Dr. Warren Hammer, a leading authority in the treatment of soft tissue and sports injuries.
• Rehabilitation: Los Angeles Chiropractic College a 100-hour course dealing with all phases of rehabilitation of musculoskeletal conditions
• Whiplash Injuries: Seminars with Dr. Arthur Croft of the Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
• Scoliosis: Seminar sponsored by the Massachusetts Chiropractic Society.
• Pediatrics: The Baby Adjusters seminar with Drs. Jennifer and Palmer Peet.
• Nimmo/Receptor Tonus Technique: Trigger point therapy seminar with Dr. Jeff Cohen.
• Clinical Nutrition: Seminars in various topics with Jeff Bland, Ph.D., an internationally respected expert in human nutrition, Metagenics Inc., Jeffrey Moss D.D.S., C.N.S., C.C.N., of Moss Nutrition, Gary Lasneski, D.C.
• Impairment Ratings: Certification in the American Medical Association’s Guidelines with Dr. Kaplan
“As a wellness practitioner I address more than just pain, I focus on overall lifestyle intervention. The ability to educate and empower patients regarding healthy lifestyle change is the skill set that is most needed. At New Life Chiropractic, we recognize the important role that a properly functioning spine and nervous system plays in maintaining good health. We combine treatment of the spinal column with coaching on various aspects of healthy living such as nutrition, functional exercise and stress management to create a comprehensive approach to improving your health.”
Dr. Julia DeSeta
Dr. Julia DeSeta was born and raised in York, Pennsylvania. She began her journey with chiropractic at 7 years old when her mother started under chiropractic care during a particularly difficult pregnancy with Dr. DeSeta’s younger sister. Her mother began taking the whole family to regular visits and she has been a wellness patient ever since. She moved to Marietta, Georgia to pursue her chiropractic degree in the summer of 2016. While completing her doctorate in Georgia, she finished a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Southern New Hampshire University graduating summa cum laude. In 2019, she graduated summa cum laude and as the salutatorian from Life University with her doctorate in chiropractic. In her free time, Dr. DeSeta enjoys riding horses, hiking trails in search of waterfalls, and relaxing at home with her cat, Pilot.